The Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation (MaCCI), a joint initiative of the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) and the University of Mannheim, is pleased to announce its 2015 Annual Conference. The event will take place in Mannheim, Germany on March 12 – 13, 2015.
The objective of the conference is to provide a platform for competition– and innovation-related research in economics and law. It encourages debate between academic researchers and practitioners in public authorities, legal counsel, and economic consultancies. Information on last year’s conference is available at www.zew.de/macciannual2014.
In 2015, both days of the conference will be dedicated to original research papers from all fields of competition law and economics. The sessions will feature papers on business strategy related to competition, on the intersection between competition and innovation, and on regulated industries. Theoretical and empirical papers as well as case studies are welcome. We especially invite papers from lawyers with a focus on EU competition, regulatory law, comparative competition or regulatory law.
Submission of Papers or Abstracts
Full papers as well as extended abstracts (three pages minimum) may be submitted, paper submissions are preferred. All proposals must include the following information: An abstract of up to 200 words, authors’ full name and affiliation as well as contact details. All papers or abstracts should be submitted as PDF file. Proposals must be in English. Authors of accepted papers or abstracts will be notified no later than January 10, 2015. Presenters may kindly be asked to discuss another paper. Young researchers are particularly encouraged to submit proposals.
- Luis Cabral – New York University, United States
- Thomas Fetzer – University of Mannheim and MaCCI, Germany
- Jens-Uwe Franck – University of Mannheim and MaCCI, Germany
- Kai Hüschelrath – ZEW, University of Mannheim, and MaCCI, Germany
- Massimo Motta – ICREA Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics and European Commission, Spain
- Volker Nocke – University of Mannheim and MaCCI, Germany
- Martin Peitz – University of Mannheim, CERRE, ZEW, and MaCCI, Germany
- Patrick Rey – Toulouse School of Economics, France
- Heike Schweitzer – Free University of Berlin, Germany
Local Organising Committee
- Niklas Dürr
- Thomas Fetzer
- Jens-Uwe Franck
- Stefan Frübing
- Kai Hüschelrath
- Martin Peitz