The 2014 Asian Congress of Applied Psychology (ACAP) will be held in the cosmopolitan city of Singapore at the Concorde Hotel, marking a significant milestone in Asia where we bring together leading scholars and practitioners from Asia and the rest of the world for an academic exchange as well as to facilitate international research collaborations in the exciting realm of Applied Psychology.
It will create new opportunities to build new relationships while also keeping up with the latest advancements in Applied Psychology research and practice in the Asia Pacific. We invite psychologists, health care professionals, academics and researchers from all fields of applications and backgrounds to submit papers to the 2014 Asian Congress of Applied Psychology. This is an exclusive invitation to join us for this exciting Congress in Singapore from 7th & 8th May 2014.
The Organizers invite psychologists, health care professionals, academics and researchers from all fields of applications and backgrounds to submit papers to the 2014 Asian Congress of Applied Psychology (ACAP).
Emeritus Professor Allen Kraut – Professor Emeritus of Management at Baruch College, City University of New York
What can you expect at 2014 ACAP?
We make a concerted effort to provide participants with ample opportunities to interact and seek new directions in the broad area of Applied Psychology.
- Welcome reception for all first-time attendees to the conference
- Reception for international attendees
- An intellectually stimulating scientific program featuring more than 100 presentations by leading researchers, teachers, and practitioners
- Opportunities to attend special sessions which include in-depth workshops on the latest innovations in practice
- Special plenary sessions that capitalize on our unique location including topics on East-West science and practice collaborations
- A full day of theme-track programming featuring compelling TED-style talks centered on ways we can expand business thinking and applied research
- Two Research Awards will be selected in each sessions for:
— Best Research Paper Award
— Best Student Paper Award
- Closing reception featuring Asian food, shopping and entertainment
Transversal specific topics:
- Cross-cultural Psychology
- IAAP divisions
- Division 1: Organizational Psychology
- Division 2: Psychological Assessment Evaluation, Test Development
- Division 3: Psychology and Societal Development
- Division 4: Environmental Psychology, Sustainable Development
- Division 5: Educational and School Psychology
- Division 6: Clinical and Community Psychology
- Division 7: Applied Geropsychology
- Division 8: Health Psychology
- Division 9: Economic Psychology
- Division 10: Psychology and Law
- Division 11: Political Psychology
- Division 12: Sports Psychology
- Division 13: Traffic and Transportation Psychology
- Division 14: Applied Cognitive Psychology
- Division 15: Counselling Psychology
- Division 16: Professional Practice
- Division 17: History of Applied Psychology
- Well Being
Authors will be notified of the selection results by email and will receive all technical information and presentation instructions prior to the Conference.
The Conference Proceedings, will be submitted for indexing to Cabell’s Directories, ProQuest, EBSCO, Ulrich’s Periodical Directory, Springer, and Scopus amongst others, where applicable.
Selected papers presented at the confernce will be invited for publication to the Asian Journal of Applied Psychology which will be submitted for indexing to Cabell’s Directories Proquest, EBSCO, Ulrich’s Periodical Directory, Springer, and Scopus amongst others where applicable
Conference Program Committee
- General Chair: Prof. Dan Levin – Ph.D, Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, Director (Academic Affairs) Graduate Programs Aventis School of Management
- Program Chair and Editor-in-Chief: Dr Patrick Chan Kheng Ping – Faculty Member, Nanyang Technological University/Principal Consultant/Executive Coach
Program Committee Members
- Dr. Diane Bray – Head of Psychology Department, University of Roehampton
- Dr. Lisa Woolfson – Head of Psychological & Health Sciences, University of Strathclyde
- Dr Jane Montague( MBPsS) – Head of Psychology, University of Derby
- Dr. Foo Check Teck – Professor & Honorary Chair of Competitive Strategy, School of Management University of St Andrews Scotland, UK
- Dr. Patrick Chan Kheng Ping – Faculty Member, Nanyang Technological University/Principal Consultant/Executive Coach