Jean Helwege, Program Chair, invites members and friends of the Midwest Finance Association (MFA) to submit papers for presentation at our 62nd Annual Meeting. Papers on any topic in finance will be considered. The meeting will be held at the Westin Chicago River North Hotel in downtown Chicago, United States, March 13-16, 2013.
- Robert L. McDonald: Erwin P. Nemmers Professor of Finance (Northwestern University)
- Martin S. Fridson: Global Credit Strategist (BNP Paribas Asset Management)
Special Issue of the Journal of Fixed Income
Accepted papers will be considered for a special issue of the Journal of Fixed Income.
Submission and Review of Papers
The submission deadline is September 1, 2012. The submission fee is $35 per paper. Papers for the meeting will be reviewed anonymously and authors will be notified of the decision by December 1, 2012. We also invite volunteers to participate as discussants and session chairs.
Conference Topics & Program Track Chairs
- Bankruptcy: Edith Hotchkiss (Boston College)
- Capital Structure, Dividends and Securities Issuance: Kathleen Kahle (University of Arizona)
- Governance: Laura Field (Penn State University)
- IPOs and Venture Capital: Michelle Lowry (Penn State University)
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Sara Moeller (University of Pittsburgh)
- Theory: Zsuzsanna Fluck (Michigan State University)
- Empirical Investments: Kewei Hou (Ohio State University)
- Fixed Income and Derivatives: Jingzhi (Jay) Huang (Penn State University)
- Theory: Hong Yan (University of South Carolina and SAIF)
- Banking: Richard Rosen (Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago)
- Real Estate: Brent Ambrose (Penn State University)
- Underwriting, Analysts, Other: Donghang (DH) Zhang (University of South Carolina)