Celebrating 20 Years of the First Olympic Medal
The Zinman College of Physical Education and Sport Sciences in conjunction with the Wingate Institute for Physical Education and Sport and The Olympic Committee of Israel, in collaboration with "Meir" Medical Center are proud to host The 2012 Wingate Congress of Exercise and Sport Sciences, scheduled to take place March 15-18, 2012 at The Zinman College, Israel.
The goal of the Congress is to bring together leading professionals and researchers in the field of exercise and sport sciences, in order to stimulate discussion on the latest innovations in these areas.
- Applications of Science in Coaching and Competitive Sport
- Public Health Aspects of Physical Activity
- Exercise in Childhood and Adolescence
- Genetic Determinants in Physical Activity and Sport
- Exercise, Physical Fitness and Nutrition
- Psychological Aspects of Physical Activity
- Behavioral Aspects in Sports Management
- Human Movement and Motor Control
- Sport and Education
- The development of achievement and sport trends around the world and in Israel
Young Researchers Award
The promotion of young researchers is vital to the growth and development of the science community. For this reason the 2012 Wingate Congress wishes to grant a Young Researchers Award, sponsored by the "Meir" Hospital, for the best oral presentation and the best poster presentation
- The candidate must be registered to the 2012 Wingate Congress.
- The candidate must be a PhD student or graduate for less than five years.
- The candidate must be under the age of 40 at the time of the Congress.
Young Researchers Award Criteria
- The research contributes to the field of sport, exercise, health or related area.
- The presentation is well structured and delivered.
- The research is well established (background, methodology and findings are sound)
- Future implications of the research are significant to that area on investigation.
The "Meir" Hospital will grant a generous award of $750 to the best oral presentation and $300 to the best poster presentation.