The Austrian Society for Metallurgy and Materials (ASMET) is pleased to announce that the 20th International Forgemasters Meeting (IFM2017) will be held from September 11 – 14, 2017 at the Congress Graz, Austria. All involved in and interested in the area of open die forging are cordially invited to attend.
To date, open die forging companies worldwide have engaged in unprecedented capital investment leading to advances in production technology, in size and quality of forgings, and in supply capacity. Today open die forging companies stand prepared to supply high-quality and high-performance forgings to such industries as electric power, fossil fuels, environ– mental management, aerospace, transportation, and machinery.
Keynote addresses offering an overview of the forging industry will be given by speakers from Asian, American, and European countries:
- Harald Holzgruber – INTECO melting and casting technologies GmbH: Melting and Casting Technologies for the production of 9 – 12% Chromium Steels for the Power Generation Industry
- Robert Bauer – voestalpine Edelstahl GmbH: Open die forging activities in the Voestalpine Special Steel Division
- Benedikt Blitz – SMR Premium GmbH — High Value Metals Market Research: Update on Forged Special Steels, Remelting and Powder Metallurgy
- Zhang Jin – Chinaforge: INTRODUCTION TO CHINA FORGING INDUSTRY
- Recent developments in the forging industry in various countries
- Advanced and new forging materials
- Advanced and new production technologies: steelmaking, forging, heat treatment, machining
- Products for industries: energy, aerospace, machinery, tooling, transportation, offshore, etc.
- Testing and quality management: nondestructive and destructive testing, ISO9000, ISO14000
- Plant engineering and equipment
- Numerical analysis and simulation
- Environmental management
Call for Papers
IFM 2017 Technical Committee encourages you to submit a paper to this conference. This conference can contribute the development of forging industry and provide you a valuable opportunity to exchange the latest information on the notable eight topics of open die forging.
Best Paper Award
IFM 2017 Technical Committee will examine the techni– cal paper submitted and select the best paper. The selection will be based upon the quality of the paper. The recipient of Best Paper Award is announced during the IFM 2017.
- Dieter Bokelmann – Saarschmiede GmbH Freiformschmiede
- Massimo Calerini – Acciai Speciali Terni spa
- William P. Edwards – Ellwood City Forge
- Mario Gussago – President of the Italien Forgemasters Group – Federacciai, Chief Executive Officer, Fomec S.p.A., Mondovi, Italy
- Kevin Handerhahn – 525 Flynn Consulting Co
- Graham Honeyman – Chief Executive Officer, Sheffield Forgemasters, International Ltd., Professor of Sheffield University, Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Eveline Guyot – Areva Jacopo Guzzoni Fomas Group
- Joong-He Oh – Vice President – Casting & Forging Business Group Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd. Changwon, Korea
- Daisuke Ota – Steel Castings and forgings Association of JAPAN
- Yasuhiko Tanaka – The Japan Steel Works, Ltd
- Bruno Hribernik – ASMET – The Austrian Society for Metallurgy and Materials, Leoben, Austria
- Scientific Committee Chairman: Bruno Buchmayr – Montanuniversitaet Leoben, Austria
- Organizing Chairmen: Harald Holzgruber – INTECO specail melting technologies GmbH, Bruck an der Mur, Austria
- Robert Bauer – voestalpine Edelstahl GmbH, Vienna, Austria