The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM) takes great pleasure in inviting you to the 2nd World Disability & Rehabilitation Conference 2017 (WDRC 2017) scheduled to be held from 18th – 20th July 2017 in Mauritius. In the past years the perception towards disability was accounted as a measurement for inability and the practice still is alive in certain regions. This approach has deprived the rights of a person who equally deserves a place for survival in the society by being cornered considering the incompleteness in the figure and due to an absent mind. The ignorance of this nature has cost the society at large when denying the ideas proposed and or at the least in not providing a stage to voice their say.
Conference Theme: “Inspiring Possibilities…Enhancing Opportunities for Ability”
The 2nd World Disability & Rehabilitation Conference 2017 is believed to create a platform to address the presence of the disabled and the importance of their existence, creation of hope and willingness for the same to play a vital role in building up the future. The Conference will witness the participation of academicians, researchers, scholars, professionals, accompanied by partnering Universities, professional bodies and government officials thus transforming a single venue into a global knowledge hub.
All potential authors are warmly encouraged to contribute to the conference through submissions of their research abstracts, research papers, practitioners’ papers, professional papers and posters that address themes and topics of the conference. High quality contributions describing original and unpublished (or submitted/under consideration anywhere in other conferences) results of conceptual, constructive, empirical, experimental, experiential or theoretical work are particularly expected.
All submitted conference papers will be blind peer reviewed by independent reviewers. Best papers will be accepted for oral presentation and those of the highest quality among them will be considered for publication. Other accepted papers will be proposed for Poster Presentation.
- Advocacy, Public Policy and People with Disabilities
- Rehabilitation of people with Disabilities
- Disability Management
- Assistive Technology/Universal Design and Emerging Technologies for Disability
- Ethics, clinical and technical perspective in Rehabilitation and Disability
- Disability Inclusion, Community and Disability Service
- Inclusive Education and Integration
- Employability of People with Disabilities
- Disability Legal Services: Fighting discrimination
- Disability and Sports: A platform for development and inclusion
- Care and Independent Living for People with Disabilities
- Growing Old with a Disability – Challenges
All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference abstract book with ISBN. All full papers will be accepted through a double blind reviewed process and will be published electronically with ISSN in proceedings with a DOI number (DOI prefix: 10.17501).
We will submit the proceedings to be indexed in the Thomson Reuters, SCOPUS, Mendeley, Google scholar and CiteULike for possible Indexing.
Papers presented (oral presentations, virtual presentations and poster presentations) in the conference being considered for possible publications in following journals. Best selected full papers will be published for free of charge.
- “Hearing, Balance and Communication” – (Print ISSN: 2169 – 5717, Online ISSN: 2169 – 5725) – Editor-in-Chief: Professor Alessandro Martini
- Assoc. Prof. Simon Prideaux, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- Asst. Prof. Strogilos Vasilis, National Institute of Education, Singapore
- Asst. Prof. Owen Lo, The University of British Colombia, Canada
- Dr. Sagit Mor, University of Haifa, Israel
- Dr. M. Irene Carter, University of Windsor, Canada