After the success of the first workshop on Language Prosody (Bangor, 2012), we are delighted to announce a follow-up to this workshop. The 2nd workshop on Second Language Prosody (SLaP), organized jointly by the Department of English Studies at the University of Graz and the School of Linguistics and English Language at Bangor University, will take place in Graz, Austria on 18 and 19 November 2016 as part of the Österreichische Linguistiktagung.
This 1.5-day workshop aims to promote research into prosodic aspects of second language speech learning.
We particularly welcome papers addressing:
- how prosody differs across languages;
- how such differences are produced and perceived by speakers who have access to two (or more) languages;
- how prosody may be lost or broken down in conditions of attrition.
We also encourage papers concerned with identifying the factors that promote or inhibit the occurrence of L1 and/or L2 influences on prosody.
- Ineke Mennen – University of Graz
- Anouschka Foltz – Bangor University
- Milena Insam – University of Graz