Welcome to the 2nd Annual International Conference on Poverty and Sustainable Development (ICPSD 2015), which will be held during 15 – 16 December 2015 in Colombo, Sri Lanka at the Galadari Hotel. The conference carries the theme of “Economic growth, environmental mitigation and poverty in the post 2015 agenda”.
- Prof. Sarath Kotagama – Environmental Science, Department of Zoology, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Umer Farooq – Physiology, University College of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan
- Dr. Ch. M. Bachir Mbodj – DBA AIU Hawaii, USA
- Dr. Harsha Aturupane – Lead Education Specialist and Human Development Coordinator, Sri Lanka and the Maldives, South Asia
- Prof. Stuart Locke – Waikato Management School, The University of Waikato, New Zealand
The continual problem of poverty in the developing world has led many to question the efficacy of economic growth and development as a means of poverty alleviation. Indeed, the lack of convergence in the standard of living across countries is one of the great unresolved issues in development and growth economics. On the other hand the global economy faces significant environmental challenges, from averting dangerous climate change to halting biodiversity loss and protecting global ecosystems.
There has been debate over whether it is possible to achieve continuous economic growth whilst tackling these challenges. In the UN climate Summit 2012, the largest ever climate meeting, leaders clearly demonstrated that economic growth and environmental performance must go hand in hand to protect mankind. It is very clear that climate is back on the global agenda again after many decades. Apart from that the world passes so many important momentums.
World’s super power is shifting to China from the USA and this may be a beginning of new economic era. Further, the year 2015 is going to be important as the entire world will shift from MDG’s to SDG’s. Hence it will be important to look at the entire scenario and evaluate how far all of these changes are going to impact poverty after 2015, if every country is interested to create a world with “no poverty” and minimum environmental damage, after 2015 the entire world may become livable to everyone.
ICPSD 2015 will be a futuristic conference rather than a traditional conference which evaluates and analyzes the past. We want to focus on “future scenarios”. The organizing committee of the 2nd Annual International Conference on Poverty and Sustainable Development 2015 invite everyone to join this conference and contribute to build a discussion on the post 2015 agenda of economic growth, mitigation of environmental degradation and poverty alleviation.
Economic growth and environmental degradation mitigation
- Climate change and sustainable economic development
- Policy framework for green growth
- Promoting the transition toward green growth
- Economic impact of environmental mitigation initiatives
Economic growth and poverty
- Economic development; is it inclusive or exclusive
- Recognition of poverty level in the growing economies
- Economic growth; is it equal or unequal o Sustainable production and consumption
- Business and trade model for post 2015 era
Transforming economies for sustainable growth
- Governance, Peace, and Security
- Private and public sector involvement in sustainable development
- Protecting and managing the natural resources
Global partnerships and sustainable development
- Environmental initiatives and partnerships
- Funding poverty eradication and environmental degradation mitigation
All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference abstract book with ISBN. After the conference, all accepted full papers will be published electronically with ISSN (ISSN 2362 – 1028) in proceedings with the DOI number.
We will submit the proceedings to be indexed in the Thomson Reuters, SCOPUS, Mendeley, Google scholar, CiteULike and Cross ref for possible Indexing.
- ICOAF 2015 — International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development (ISSN: 1740 – 8830⁄1740 – 8822) – Editor in Chief: Prof. Walter Leal Filho
- ICOAF 2015 — Journal of Management and Development Studies (ISSN 2392 – 4896⁄2392 – 4888)
- Prof. Sarath Kotagama – Sri Lanka
- Prof. Dr. Spencer Empading Sanggin – Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. V. Sasirekha – India
- Prof.Dr. Rev. W. Wimalarathna – Sri Lanka
- Prof. John C. McDowell – Australia
- Prof. Sirimevan S. Colombage – Sri Lanka
- Prof. Oyaziwo Aluede – Nigeria
- Prof. Amir Ahmed Khuhro – Pakistan
- Prof. Kapil Kumar – India
- Prof. Andy Furlong – United Kingdom
- Prof. Stefano Maggi – Italy
- Dr. D.A.C. Suranga Silva – Sri Lanka
- Dr. Vasant Bira Jugale – India