Mapping the territory for CSR
The first International Conference on Social and Environmental Accountability (ICSEA) is organized with the intention of defining CSR’s territory and scope as there is no exact definition or scope available to identify and develop CSR activities further to enhance performance of businesses. The event will take place in Colombo, Sri Lanka at the Galadari Hotel on November 4 – 5, 2014.
In 1970, the economist and Nobel laureate Milton Friedman published an article in The New York Times Magazine titled “The Social responsibility of business is to increase its profits”. In the article, he referred to Corporate Social Responsibility programs as “hypocritical window dressing”.
However over the past decade this perspective had been changed dramatically. As an instance more than 8000 businesses around the world have signed UN Global compact pledging to show good global citizenship in the areas of human rights, labor standards and environmental pollution. Nevertheless Government, Customers, Employees in a nutshell General Public is pushing business organizations to be a responsible corporate citizen.
The main objective of the conference is to opening platform for a local and International researchers, scholars and experts and practitioners to discuss and debate on this specific and important research area and ultimately discussion will mark new territory for CSR. Hopefully this association will trigger some new insights and ideas in these areas of research. We are looking forward to excellent contributions and presentations. Secondly conference will be providing opportunity to network with each other and share their knowledge by setting up series of activities including cultural show, networking dinner, post conference tour, discussions and one to one meetings.
Organizing committee of the 1st International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility 2014 invites Researchers, Scholars, educators and industry leaders around the world to submit their full papers, working papers or abstract to take part of this conference.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- CSR and Business Ethics
- CSR and Consumers: Social Marketing & Sustainable Marketing
- CSR and Communications: Public Relations, Pressure Groups & Media
- CSR and Industry: Low-Carbon Energy, Waste Management & Sustainable Industry
- Sustainability, Internationalization and Business: Multi-national Corporate Accountability
- CSR and Role of Government
- Global Governance and Corporate Liability
- CSR and Triple Bottom Line
- CSR Reporting and Risk Management
- CSR and Value Creation
- The Future of CSR and Responsible Investment
- CSR and Corporate Performance
- Sanctions for non-compliance in a global market
- Fighting Corporate Greed and Combating Corruption
- Illicit Business Practices: Child Labor, Forced Labor and Labor Trafficking
Best paper Award
This award will be granted to the best paper in ICSEA 2014 . Organizing committee will select the best paper based on feedback of scientific review committee. Evaluation based on relevancy of paper on given themes, content and quality of the paper and impotency of findings. Both oral and virtual paper submission will be eligible to “Best paper award”. Decision of ICSEA 2014 organizing committee is the final decision.
Best Presentation Awards
This award will be granted to presenters based on their presentations at the conference. Quality of the presentation, content of the presentation and level of interaction with the audience in the Q&A session will be used by Session Chair to select the best paper in his/her session. Decision of Session Chair will be the final decision.
Best student award
This award will be granted to student presentations. Quality of the presentation, time management and quality of the findings relevant to ongoing practices may have higher level of chance to get selected. Decision of the ICSEA 2014 Research panel will be the final decision.
- Dr. Nalin Abesekara – Sri Lanka
- Prof. Anne Marie Bagadion – Philippines
- Prof. Hardeep Chahal – India
- Dr. Sabyasachi Dasgupta – India
- Prof. Stanley George – India
- Dr. Sami Kajalo – Finland
- Prof. Paul Sergius Koku – USA
- Dr. Veena Tewari Nandi – India
- Prof. Patricia Ordóñez de Pablos – Spain
- Prof. Nerisa N. Paladan, D.B.A. – Philippines
- Dr. Jose Maria Álvarez Rodriguez – Spain
- Prof. Rohini Samarasingha – Sri Lanka
- Dr. D.A.C Suranga Silva – Sri Lanka
- Ms. Vasupradha Srikrishna – India
- Prof. Supathanish Termsnguanwong – Thailand
- Prof. Neville Waranakulasooriya – Sri Lanka