The Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) is seeking your participation in the First Annual International Conference on Contemporary Cultural Studies (CCS) 2013, held December 9-10, 2013 in Singapore.
Cultural Studies is a diverse academic discipline encompassing many different approaches, methods and academic perspectives. It focuses on political dynamics of contemporary culture and its historical foundations, conflicts and defining traits, cultural studies.
The Annual International Conference on Advances in Contemporary Cultural Studies (CCS) aims to understand how meaning is generated, disseminated, and produced from the social, political and economic spheres within a given culture. CCS will tackle historical culture and how it affects the modern society.
- Dr. Z. George Hong: "Dissecting the Power-Capital Culture in China" – Professor of History at Purdue University Calumet, Co-Director of the Center on Religion and Chinese Society at Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA and Guest Professor at Zhejiang University, China
- Dr. King Sang Ricardo Mak – Professor and Head Department of History, Hong Kong Baptist University
- The Conference Proceedings will be indexed by Ulrichsweb, EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect and Cabell's Directories amongst others, where applicable.
- Publication Opportunity: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS) (Print ISSN: 2251-2853, E-periodical: 2251-2861) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and Cabell's Directories.
- Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
- CCS 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
- Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the CCS 2013. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
Papers/topics dealing with Contemporary Cultural Studies including but not limited to:
- Historical Culture
- Cultural Studies
- Chinese Studies
- European Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Malay Studies
- South Asian Studies
- Southeast Asian Studies
- African Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Regional Studies
- Middle Eastern Studies
- African American Studies
Dr. King Sang Ricardo Mak – Professor and Head, Department of History, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Dr. James Carson – Professor, Chair, Department of History, Queen's University, Canada
- Dr. Danny S.Paau – Chair and Professor, History Department Director, United Nations Association of China and Director, History Teaching Support & Research Centre, Hong Kong Shue Yan University
- Dr. Anuschka Tischer – Professor (Chair for Early Modern History), Head of the Department of Modern History, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
- Dr. Claudia Theune-Vogt – Dean of the Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies, Head of the Department of Prehistoric and Medieval Archaeology, Vienna University, Austria
- Dr. Glyn Parry – Professor in Early Modern History, Department of Humanities, Northumbria University, UK
- Dr. Stephen Vlastos – Professor and Chair, Modern Japanese History, Department of History, University of Iowa, USA