"Creative and Critical Thinking in Mathematics Through Technology"
The ATCM 2012 is an international conference to be held in Thailand that will continue addressing technology-based issues in all Mathematical Sciences. Thanks to advanced technological tools such as computer algebra systems (CAS), interactive and dynamic geometry, and hand-held devices, the effectiveness of our teaching and learning, and the horizon of our research in mathematics and its applications continue to grow rapidly.
The aim of this conference is to provide a forum for educators, researchers, teachers and experts in exchanging information regarding enhancing technology to enrich mathematics learning, teaching and research at all levels. English is the official language of the conference. There will be over 400 participants coming from over 30 countries around the world.
The conference will cover a broad range of topics on the application and use of technology in Mathematics research and teaching. These include, but are not limited to:
- Linking applications in Sciences and Engineering with Mathematics through Technology
- Increase Mathematics Content Knowledge through Technology
- Mathematical modeling through innovative use of technological tools
- Mathematics Education using Information Communication Technology
- Internet Technology for Mathematics
- Applications using Dynamic Geometry software
- Applications using CAS
- Applications using Graphics Calculators
- Statistics using Dynamic Statistics software
- Applications by integrating Dynamic Geometry with CAS
- Assessment of Implementation of Technology in Education
- Implementation of Technology from K-12 to University Level
- Development of the Computer Integrated Curriculum in Mathematics from K-12 to University Level
- Mathematics Teaching, Learning and Assessment using Technology
- Mathematics Research using Technology
- Multimedia Learning in Mathematics
- Creating Technology with Mathematics
- Mathematical Applications and Modelling Using Information Communication Technology
- Mathematics Educational Research Using Information Communication Technology
- The Role of Information Communication Technology in Mathematics Teachers’ Professional Development
- e-Learning and Information Communication Technology for K-12 to University Level
The conference will consist of plenary, special, and invited sessions, short paper and poster sessions, and hands-on workshop sessions on software and hardware relevant to mathematical teaching. learning and research. Books, software and hardware may also be on display.
We invite you to submit original and unpublished work to the conference for review. Each submission will be reviewed and the author(s) will be notified of recommendation by the international program committee. Only scholarly work that has not been published elsewhere should be submitted for consideration.
Accepted abstracts and refereed Full Papers will be published at the Proceedings of ISSN 1940-2279 (CD) and ISSN 1940-4204 (Online). We also will publish a hard copy proceeding for ATCM 2012.
Selected referred papers will be invited for consideration of publication at the Electronic Journal of Mathematics and Technology.