Oxford Global Conferences are proud to present the 15th Annual Drug Discovery Leaders Summit 2014, taking place on 2 & 3 June in Geneva, Switzerland at the InterContinental Geneva. This summit brings together a host of senior level experts to discuss recent developments in the industry and debate the best strategies and solutions to improve drug discovery going forward.
The discovery landscape faces many changes – the increasing role of stem cell technologies, recent advances in nanotechnology and a patient-centric shift in the way we collect and utilise data will all impact the pipelines of the future. We are also seeing research silos breaking down, with cohesive DMPK strategies being applied to multiple stages of research, biology and chemistry teams working together to improve drug design and genomic technology playing a role in many aspects of the discovery process.
In addition to exploring the trends outlined above, our speakers will tackle current debates in the industry, such as the value of phenotypic screening over target-based screening and the viability of epigenetic-target based discovery. Presentations will also cover the latest innovations in discovery technology including 3D cell based assays, NMR screening platforms and live cell imaging.
The Discovery Chemistry & Drug Design Congress proved a popular addition to the summit last year. This year the congress will include key case studies in chemical genetics, computational chemistry and flow chemistry. Presentations will also focus on early de-risking through drug design, focusing on the areas such as solubility, potency and selectivity.
The event is co-located with our 6th Annual Drug Development Congress and the 2nd Annual Discovery Chemistry and Drug Design Congress 2014.
Day 1 Stream 1: R&D Models For The Future
- Compound exchange: collaboration to strengthen pipelines
- Open innovation case studies
- Reviving existing drug products: increasing therapeutic potential
- Practical innovation: what can we learn from biotechs?
- Expanding therapeutic areas: pain, anti-addiction
- CROs: developing successful partnerships
Day 1 Stream 2: Screening & Assays: Enabling Technologies
- Next generation discovery applications
- Phenotypic screening vs target-based screening
- High content analysis: live cell imaging, 3D cell based assays, flow cytometry
- Functional genomics screening
- Novel technology platforms: NMR & SPR
- iPSC and primary cells: physiologically relevant assays
Day 2 Stream 1: Target Based Discovery
- New methods for targeting GPCRs, including allosteric modulator case studies
- Target based discovery case studies: rare diseases, protein misfolding disorders, oligonucleotide therapies
- Understanding the human kinome
- Recent advances in epigenetic drug targets
- Targeting Ion channels and PPIs
- Macrocycle drugs – opening up new targets?
Day 2 Stream 2: Supporting Innovation: Data & Information Management
- Data driven library optimisation
- Incorporating development data into discovery research
- Legacy data: turning challenge into opportunity
- Real time compound annotation: improving drug discovery through data quality
- Making the most of discovery data: compound optimisation, dosing regimens and trial design
Become a Speaker
Our speaker programmes are carefully researched each year to ensure that delegates are exposed to the highest level of expertise. However, delegates not only benefit from the experience of our speakers, but also gain an insight into the experiences of other attendees – Q&A sessions and panel discussions are utilised to enable sharing of knowledge and facilitate idea exchange.
If you have a cutting edge case study or relevant presentation and would like to join the speaker panel at one of our events, please contact Charlotte Tighe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a poster
For attendees interested in submitting a poster, there are opportunities now available. Your poster presentation will be located in the exhibition room for two days alongside other posters from senior scientists working in industry and academia.
How to submit your poster
We will require:
- Poster title, Abstract (200 words or less)
- Principal author, Organisation
- Mailing address, Email, Telephone, Fax
- Additional authors
In order to secure your board space a fee of £125 will be required. The poster should be presented as A0 (841mm x 1189mm) portrait size.
To take advantage of this opportunity you need to be registered as a paid delegate over the 2 days. We have limited spaces available, so please register soon!
Who Will Attend
The 15th Annual Drug Discovery Leaders Summit is an exclusive event designed for senior level attendees from leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisations, along with highly esteemed members of academic and government institutions. Delegates typically include VPs, Directors and Global Heads of:
- Assay development
- Candidate selection
- Computational chemistry
- Discovery information
- Drug design
- Drug discovery
- Lead generation
- Lead optimisation
- Library optimisation
- Medicinal chemistry
- Screening technology
- Structural biology
- Target selection
- Target validation
Delegates will benefit from…
- An executive format that facilitates idea exchange and discussion of relevant experiences through case study presentations and panel discussions
- Networking opportunities and knowledge share with highly-esteemed peers
- Pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings with solution providers offering an opportunity to forge partnerships and discover innovative solutions
- Post-event follow up providing all documentation from the meeting and re-booking discounts
- Tailor-made agenda – hand pick any congress and panel sessions you wish to attend