The Education Research Unit of
Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER)
organizes its 15th Annual International Conference on
Education, 20-23 May 2013,
Aims of the Conference
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars and students of education and other related disciplines. You may participate as panel organizer, presenter of one paper, chair a session or observer. Papers (in English) from all areas of education are welcome. Selected papers will be published in a Special Volume of the Conference Proceedings or Edited Books as part of ATINER's education book series.
Accommodation, Social Events and Registration Fee
The registration fee is €300 (euro), covering access to all sessions, two lunches, coffee breaks and conference material. Special arrangements will be made with a local luxury hotel for a limited number of rooms at a special conference rate. In addition, a number of social events will be organized: A Greek night of entertainment with dinner, a special one-day cruise in the Greek islands, an archaeological tour of Athens and a one-day visit to Delphi. Details of the social program are available at http://www.atiner.gr/2013/SOC-EDU.htm
Organizing and Scientific Committee
- Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER
- Dr. Alexander Makedon, Head, Education Research Unit, ATINER & Professor, College of Education, Chicago State University, USA
- Dr. George Poulos, Vice-President of Research, ATINER & Emeritus Professor, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Dr. Nicholas Pappas, Vice-President of Academics, ATINER & Professor, Sam Houston University, USA
- Dr. Gregory A. Katsas, Head, Sociology Research Unit, ATINER & Associate Professor, The American College of Greece-Deree College, Greece
- Dr. Thanos Patelis, Head, Psychology Research Unit, ATINER & Vice President of Research and Analysis, The College Board, USA
- Dr. Margo Apostolos, Associate Professor, University of Southern California, USA
- Dr. Feyza Doyran, Academic Member, ATINER & Assistant Professor, Chair, Department of Educational Sciences, Bahçeşehir University, Turkey
- Dr. Stelios Orphanos, Lecturer, Frederick University, Cyprus
- Dr. John E. Kesner, Associate Professor, Georgia State University, USA
- Dr. Marina Stefania Giannakaki, Academic Member, ATINER & Associate Tutor, Open University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- Dr. Effie Papoutsis-Kritikos, Professor & Acting Associate Dean for the College of Education, Northeastern Illinois University, USA
- Dr. Leslie Stuart Woodcock, Academic Member, ATINER & formerly University of Leeds, U.K.
- Dr. Margarita Kefalaki, Director of Communication, ATINER
- Ms. Lila Skountridaki, Researcher, ATINER & Ph.D. Student, University of Strathclyde, U.K.
- Mr. Vasilis Charalampopoulos, Researcher, ATINER & Ph.D. Student, University of Strathclyde, U.K.