We are looking forward to welcoming you to the 15th European Conference on e-Learning (ECEL) which we are hosting in the Faculty of Education at Charles University in the beautiful city of Prague in the Czech Republic on October 27 – 28, 2016.
Charles University is the oldest university in the Czech Lands and in Central Europe. It was founded in 1348 by Charles IV, King of Bohemia and Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. Although not so old, the Faculty of Education was officially opened on November 15, 1946.
The mission of the Faculty is to prepare teachers for all types and levels of schools, and to to prepare specialists and scientists in the area of pedagogy, educational psychology and didactics. We focus our efforts on the exchange of scientific knowledge and practical experience, on joint research projects and studies and on international meetings of teachers and students. So with this in mind we assure you of a warm reception at ECEL 2016.
- Michèle Artigue – University Paris 7, France: “Mathematics Education in the Digital Era“
- Johan van Niekerk – Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa: “The use of Brain-Compatible Learning in an e-Learning Environment“
- Stanislav Štech – Czech Republic: “Opportunities and Threats in Introducing Educational ICT for Cognitive and Personal Development of Students“
e-Learning today encompasses many different things relating to both the technology, the techniques and the pedagogy. A blended learning design cycle sets goals, works out how these goals are best achieved, and then fills out the appropriate methods of learning. In this way, e-learning can be chosen as a method of learning, and can be selected for its true value.
At ECEL 2016 we are seeking examples of great course design as well as examples of good practice, showing the real value of e-learning innovations. We are also interested in the evaluation of e-learning applications.
- Blended learning
- Digital Literacy
- e-Learning in the Workplace
- Flipped Classroom
- Learning Management Systems
- Mobile Technologies
- Social Media
- Teacher Training
- Testing and Assessments
In addition to the main conference topics, the advisory group invites submissions to the following mini tracks:
- Virtual Learning Environments for Evaluation and Self-reflection
- Learning ®Evolution: Experimenting New Models
- Social Learning
- Open Education Practices
- New Generation Learning Spaces
- Internet of Things and Wearable Technologies applied to e-Learning
Papers accepted for the conference will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment.
Papers that have been presented at the conference will also be considered for further development and publication in:
- The Electronic Journal of e-Learning. ISSN: 1479 – 4403 published by ACPIL and indexed by Scopus and Thomson Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
- The e-Learning and Digital Media Journal (ISSN 2042 – 7530) published by Sage Journals and indexed by Scopus
- Jarmila Novotná – Faculty of Education, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Antonín Jančařík – Faculty of Education, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Miroslava Černochová – Faculty of Education, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Jiří Vaníček – Faculty of Education, University of South Bohemia, Czech Republic