The Mass Media & Communication Research Unit of the Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) organizes its 13th Annual International Conference on Communication and Mass Media taking place on May 11 – 14, 2015 in Athens, Greece.
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars and students of Communications, Mass Media and other related disciplines. You may participate as panel organizer, presenter of one paper, chair of a session or observer. Past conferences drew participants from five continents and more than 50 countries, presenting papers on diverse topics such as:
- Political Communication
- EU Enlargement
- Website design
- Cross-media Ownership
- War Correspondence
- Cultural Studies
- Public Relations
- Telecommunication Policy
- Agenda Setting
- Juvenile Audience Preferences
- Cross-national Communication
Please submit an abstract to Yorgo Pasadeos, Professor of the University of Alabama and Head of the Mass Media & Communication Research Unit, Athens Institute for Education and Research, ATINER. Abstracts should include the following: Title of Paper, Full Name (s), Affiliation, Current Position, an email address, and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission. Decisions are reached within 4 weeks.
If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. organize a panel (session, mini conference), chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER.
Special arrangements will be made with a local luxury hotel for a limited number of rooms at a special conference rate. In addition, a number of special events will be organized: A Greek night of entertainment with dinner, a special one-day cruise to selected Greek islands, an archaeological tour of Athens and a one-day visit to Delphi.
Organizing and Scientific Committee
- Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos – President, ATINER, Greece
- Dr. Yorgo Pasadeos – Head, Communication and Mass Media Research Unit, ATINER, Greece and University of Alabama, USA
- Dr. George Poulos – Vice-President of Research, ATINER and Emeritus Professor, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Dr. Nicholas Pappas – Vice-President Academic, ATINER and Sam Houston University, USA
- Dr. Gregory A. Katsas – Head, Sociology Research Unit, ATINER and American College of Greece-Deree College, Greece
- Dr. George Pavlou – European University, Cyprus
- Dr. Geneviève A. Bonin – University of Ottawa, Canada
- Dr. Gozde Oymen Kale – Istanbul Commerce University, Turkey
- Dr. Stavros Alifragkis – ATINER and Adjunct Lecturer, Hellenic Army Academy and Research Associate, School of Architecture, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Dr. Azlizam Aziz – Putra Malaysia University, Malaysia
- Dr. Suzanne Buck – University Houston, USA
- Dr. Mairam Gersamia – Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia
- Dr. Joanne Gula – Hawaii Pacific University, USA
- Dr. Matthew D. Matsaganis – State University of New York (SUNY), USA
- Dr. Erol Nezih Orhon – Anadolu University, Turkey
- Dr. Dali Osepashvili – TSU, Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia
- Dr. Paul Ryder – Western Sydney University, Australia
- Dr. Oana-Camelia Stroescu – “Alexandru Ioan Cuza“ University of Iasi, Romania
- Dr. Rodanthi Tzanelli – University of Leeds, U.K.
- Dr. Patrick Vyncke – Ghent University, Belgium
- Dr. Margarita Kefalaki – ATINER, Greece
- Dr. Thimios Zaharopoulos – Professor of Communication, Department of Mass Media, Washburn University, USA
- Dr. Sarah Sparke – ATINER and Research Associate, CMIR, University of the West England, U.K.
- Ms. Lila Skountridaki – ATINER and University of Strathclyde, U.K.
- Mr. Vasilis Charalampopoulos – ATINER and University of Strathclyde, U.K.