Over the last two decades, WICaNeM has become a well-known conference regarding the management, economics, and organization of chains and networks in a Life Sciences context. It owes its success to the integration of a scientific and a business program.
2014 will mark the 11th anniversary of the WICaNeM conference, and will also be the first year that we venture out of the Netherlands. The Global Center of Food Systems Innovation at Wageningen University and Research Centre has joined forces with the Universities of Bonn and Naples to create a European Platform at the beautiful island of Capri in Italy on June 4 – 6, 2014.
This year’s theme will be Sustainability and Innovation in Chains and Networks. During the conference, keynote addresses by representatives of academia, industry, and government will discuss the latest issues of innovation and sustainability in chains and networks to build the sustainability agenda for the upcoming years.
WICaNeM provides the opportunity for attendees to meet large international companies and innovative SME providing vast opportunities to companies wanting to develop their business on an international platform, as well as researchers who want to prepare EU-programs.
Wageningen University, University of Naples Federico II, and University of Bonn cordially invite professors, applied researchers, managers, consultants, and policy makers interested in the management, economics, and organization of chains and networks, to present and discuss their most recent advances in science and business. The benefits of participating in this unique experience are evident: being on the cutting edge of chain and network science; meeting experts from all over the world and, last but not least – sharing experiences with old and new friends.
Keynotes WICaNeM 2014
- Jens Bleiel – Chief Executive Officer of Food for Health Ireland
- Luca Fernando Ruini – Health, Safety, Environment & Energy Director at Barilla
- Dr. Lutz Guderjahn – Board Member at Südzucker
- Michael Nieuwensteeg – Managing Director of NVC Netherlands
- Drs. Wim Nuboer – Chief Operating Officer at Micreos
- Co Verdaas – Director of the Centre of Development Innovation
- Responsible innovation in chains and networks
- Sustainable entrepreneurship in chains and networks
- Promoting sustainable and healthy behaviour
- Multi-stakeholder governance and wicked problems: new empirical examples and competing theories
- Geographical indications as transformation triggers of global agri-food system
- Economics and management of agribusiness: global challenges
- Social networks and performance in food chains and networks
- Innovative and sustainable models of food consumption
- Sustainable food logistics
- Collaboration Networks in Basic and Applied Scientific Research
- Multi-Stakeholder Leadership and Governance: Facing Wicked or Complex yet Solvable Issues?
- Innovation and sustainability in developing and emerging economies
- Conserving Agro-biodiversity for smallholders farmers livelihood and food security
- Track specifically aimed at Business-Academic Engagement