Hosted by the Diabetic Society of Singapore, the 10th International Diabetes Federation-Western Pacific Region (IDF-WPF) Congress 2014 will be held from 21 to 24 November, 2014 in Singapore.
The continuing battle against diabetes requires an alliance of people with diabetes, healthcare professionals, scientists and policy makers. As a federation comprising 28 diabetes-related societies and associations in Asia Pacific, the IDF-WPR Congress is the leading platform for learning and cooperation in the field of diabetes in the region.
The 10th IDF-WPR Congress 2014 will be jointly held with the 6th Asian Association for the Study of Diabetes (AASD) Meeting. The AASD comprises of academic societies, associations and members from East and Southeast Asia, and the AASD meeting is held annually, with the aim to improve levels of clinical and basic research on diabetes in the region.
These workshops will be held on 21.11.2014:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Clinical diabetes education: how effective are we?
- How to run an effective CGMS and insulin pump program
- Insulin Initiation, Titration, and Intensification: Step by Step Guide
The synergy between 10th IDF-WPR Congress 2014 and the 6th Asian Association for the Study of Diabetes (AASD) Meeting promises a highly prominent knowledge platform that will discuss a wider span of topical issues faced by the Diabetes Community today.
Do not miss the opportunity to hear from the highly influential speakers from around the world.
Key topics in 10th IDF-WPR /AASD Congress 2014
- Adiponectin Biology
- Bariatric Surgery: Why, When and Which for the Asian Phenotype
- Economic Evaluations in Diabetes Care
- Exercise Management in Diabetes
- Integrating Genomics and Metabolomics to Understand Diabetes Etiology
- Is Islet Transplantation still Cure for Type 1 Diabetes?
- Maternal and Fetal Outcomes in Diabetic Pregnancy
- Novel Phramcotherapies in Diabetic Retinopathy
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors and Metabolic Regulation
Submit an Abstract
The Scientific & Abstract Committee of the 10th IDF-WPR Congress and 6th AASD Scientific Meeting invites all interested participants to submit abstracts for the oral or poster presentations.
Abstracts will be selected on the basis of their research merit and notified following the screening by the Scientific & Abstract Committee. All accepted abstracts will be published in an abstract book. The Committee reserves the right to assign the format of the presentation.
Each presenter of an accepted abstract is required to register and pay the set registration fee at the Congress within 2 weeks of notification.
Topics for Abstract Submission
- Islet cell signalling and biology
- Insulin action
- Genetics of type 1⁄2 diabetes
- nephropathy-clinical and translational research
- nephropathy-basic and experimental science
- cardiovascular disease, atherosclerotic disease, diabetic foot
- Glucose monitoring and sensing/Diabetes technology
- Oral agents
- SGLT-2/GLP-1 analogues/Novel agents
- Healthcare delivery
- Clinical nutrition
- Diabetes and exercise
- Psychosocial and behavioral issues in DM
- DM in pregnancy