International Finance towards 2020: Will the next 10 years be different?
2012 is a special year for us. It will be the 10th year of running the INFINITI Conference on International Finance, in conjunction this year with the Journal of Banking and Finance.
Over the last ten years, we have been privileged to have had keynote speakers such as Ike Mathur, Raman Uppal, William L Megginson, Edward Kane, Andrei Shleifer, Robert Engle, Maureen O’Hara, and Elroy Dimson. We have also been fortunate to have been joined by many other leading academics, students and practitioners who have openly shared and discussed each others’ latest research.
(Pearson Institute for International Economics, USA)
(Fordham University, USA)
A special issue of the Journal of Banking and Finance on the conference theme will be published under the Guest Editorship of the Conference Chair. Papers submitted for this special issue will undergo the normal journal review process and the journal’s usual submission fee will apply.
Papers in all areas of international finance are welcomed, particularly if they address some aspect of the theme or indeed aspects of international financial integration. Indicative topics include, but are not limited to:
- Alternative Investments & International Financial Integration
- Banking & Financial Services in Integrated Markets
- Behavioral Aspects of International Financial Markets
- Commodity Markets and International Financial Integration
- Corporate Governance and International Firms
- Emerging Markets
- Financial Engineering & Derivatives
- Global Financial Crises
- Global Risk Markets
- Interest & Exchange Rates
- International Asset Market Comovements
- International Asset Pricing
- International Portfolio Diversification
- Markets & Exchanges in a Globalised Environment
- Mathematical & Computational Models of International Finance
- Multinational Financial Management
- National Culture & International Finance
- Regionalization and Globalization in International Finance
- Volatility Determination & Transmission
Important Note: Acceptance of a paper by the conference committee implies an agreement by the author and any attending co-author that they will also discuss a paper and/or chair a session.
Proposals for special sessions, roundtables and panel discussions are also welcome and should be sent directly to the Conference Chair.