Towards Implementing Sustainable Manufacturing
We are pleased to invite you to the 10th Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing (GCSM) supported by the International Academy for Production Engineering (CIRP) to be held in Istanbul, Turkey in cooperation with the Middle East Technical University (METU), on October 31st – November 2nd, 2012.
The conference, being the 10th of a series of conferences has reached its maturity and it is thought that it is the right time to start working on the implementation of sustainable manufacturing. Hence the theme of the conference is chosen to be "Towards Implementing Sustainable Manufacturing". We hope in Istanbul we will have the opportunity to discuss some good examples of implementing the ideas, models, systems and methodologies already developed for various aspects of sustainability focused particularly on manufacturing.
The 10th Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing (10th GCSM) is expected to attract representatives from science and industry from all over the world to Istanbul. The conference serves as a forum for international research institutes and industrial companies related to the area of sustainable manufacturing. The conference offers keynote speeches, panel discussions, parallel sessions and a poster forum.
İstanbul has been selected as the conference venue not only because of its natural, cultural, historical and modern features but also its unique nature of bridging between different cultures and religions, between technology and tradition and even between different climates as the living example of sustainable life for centuries. We are very happy to meet in Istanbul as a wonderful city of tradition and future for humanity to extend our discourse on sustainable manufacturing in our global community of science and entrepreneurship.
- Value creation by sustainable manufacturing
- Product design for resource efficiency and effectiveness
- Manufacturing process and equipment
- Life Cycle Engineering and assessment
- Maintenance, repair, and overhaul
- Remanufacturing, reuse and recycling
- Green supply chain and transportation
- Information and communication technologies for sustainability
- Sustainability assessment and optimization
- Innovative energy conversion
- Qualification for sustainability engineering
- Adequate environments for entrepreneurial initiative
- Awareness for sustainability in public, government and economics
- Sustainability as a service
- Renewable energy initiatives in Turkey
- Water resource management for sustainability
- Case studies in implementing various aspects of sustainable manufacturing
All accepted papers will be in the conference proceedings CD, which will be available at the conference. At least one author must be registered and pay the registration fee in order for the papers to be published in the conference proceedings. Selected papers in their expanded versions will be fully reviewed and considered for possible publication in the International Journal of Sustainable Manufacturing (IJSM).