On behalf of the Conference Team I would like to welcome you to the 10th European Conference on Information Systems Management (ECISM). This international event will take place on September 8 – 9, 2016 at the University of Èvora in Èvora, Portugal.
The constant development of new ICT applications contributes to the development of our organizations and the emergence of new business models. ICT implementation, use, dissemination, evaluation and management continue to be a titanic challenge for researchers and practitioners in the field of managing information.
The participation of leading researchers, new and experienced academics, established practitioners as well as the input by current PhD students in the ECIME will significantly contribute to the improvement of this interdisciplinary research field.
ECIME has developed into the leading forum for scientific debate and knowledge dissemination in this domain, as so I believe it is the right place to bring, present and discuss your work with your peers.
The European Conference on Information Systems Management and Evaluation (ECIME) provides a forum for researchers and practitioners to come together to develop their understanding of both theory and practice in all aspects of IT/IS management and evaluation. The scope of ECIME reflects the increased use of technology to manage information in and between organizations of all types and sizes across Europe and the globe. ECIME 2016 will provide opportunities for people working and researching in the field to come together both formally and informally to share their knowledge and expertise.
Case studies and work-in-progress/posters are also welcomed approaches. PhD Research, proposals for roundtable discussions, non-academic contributions and product demonstrations based on the main themes are also invited.
The advisory group for the conference invites submissions of both academic and practitioner papers on a wide range of topics and a wide range of scholarly approaches including theoretical and empirical papers employing qualitative, quantitative and critical methods. Academic research, case studies and work-in-progress/posters are welcomed approaches. PhD Research, proposals for roundtable discussions non-academic contributions and product demonstrations based on the main themes are also invited. You can find full details in the submission types document (.pdf format). Prizes are offered for the best PhD paper discussed at the conference and the poster voted best poster.
In addition to the main conference topics, the advisory group invites suggestions for mini tracks. If you would be interested in preparing and chairing a mini track, please contact the Conference Director, Sue Nugus.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- IT/IS evaluation methods, subjectivity
- Process orientated evaluation
- Stakeholders’ dependent evaluation
- General IT/IS evaluation methodologies
- The psychology of evaluation
- Evaluation of IT/IS benefits, costs and risks
- IT Failures and Successes
- Learning from failures
IT/IS: privacy and Ethics
- Rights and access
- Ergonomics and ethics
- Intellectual property
- Agency issues in IT/IS implementations
- The digital divide
- The information society
Information infrastructure topics
- Social aspects of information infrastructures
- Information infrastructures — distributed environments
- Information infrastructure development
- Inter-firm network infrastructures
- Development and emergence of standards
Management /Governance topics
- IT Governance & Alignment
- Decision making processes for new IT investments
- Portfolio/Program/Project management
- Change management
- IS and organisational culture
- Multi-cultural IT/IS projects
- SMEs and IT/IS
- Enterprise Systems (ERP)
- Cloud Computing
- Impact of new technologies on business processes
- Adoption of new information technologies
- Data Mining and Big Data Analytics
- Open Data /Information sharing
- Knowledge creation and innovation systems
- Green IT
- Conceptual Modelling
- Business Process Modelling and Management
- Business Architecture Modelling
- Issues in IS design and development
Papers presented at the conference will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. Papers that have been presented at the conference will also be considered for publication in a special issue of the Electronic Journal of Information Systems Evaluation (ISSN: 1566 – 6379).
Conference Executive Committee
- Prof. António Guerreiro – University of Évora, Portugal
- Prof. Rui Quaresma – University of Évora, Portugal
- Prof. Paulo Silva – University of Évora, Portugal
- Prof.ª Andreia Dionísio – (CEFAGE), University of Évora, Portugal
- Prof.ª Gertrudes Guerreiro – University of Évora, Portugal